Twelve churchgoers were hurt when a dilapidated chapel constructed on stilts collapsed in the coastal area of Barangay 22-C, Poblacion District.
Captain Arcadio de Dios, deputy chief ng Sta. Ana police, said the eight-year-old chapel built atop the shoreline in the Boulevard area gave up as the chapel was fully loaded during a service.
The chapel of Born Again Christian Church, made of light materials, and the worshippers directly plunged to the sea at 1:10 p.m. Sunday.
Residents immediately rescued the 12 victims. They are now all in stable condition.
- Food delivery service donates food to frontliners
- WANDERLUST | DOT Xl bares accomplishments for 2021
- Mobile loans do much to ease unbanked Filipinos’ financial burden
- CTTMO: Some car owners refuse to pay parking fee
- Discover new things with your 1st e-wallet: GCash Jr.
- Urban Ape | 1 + 1 = 11
- Relieved and probed
- EastMinCom chief says COVID-19 won’t curtail operations vs. Reds
- Scene City | Visiting El Don Resort in Governor Generoso
- ROUGH CUTS | Where are ‘In aid of legislation’ laws?