The no. 1 most wanted drug dealer in Davao del Norte was killed in a buy-bust operation in Lower Arroyo compound, Matina Crossing, Barangay 74-A at 11:20 p.m. on Monday.
Antonio Rivera, director of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, identified him as Freddie Sacurat.
Also arrested during the same operation were his companions, identified as Alicia Aballe, Aljon Adlawan, Karen Ngoho, Kent Sisneros, and Orland Permo.
Authorities seized 15 grams of shabu worth P180,000.
They also recovered .38 revolver from the slain suspect.
The buy-bust was conducted by joint elements of the PDEA-XI Davao Occidental Provincial Office, Davao City Police Office, Compostela Valley Provincial Police Office, Davao del Norte Provincial Police Office, Joint Task Force Haribon, Task Force Davao, National Bureau of Investigation XI, and Talomo police.
“The patrons of this suspect are from Davao del Norte, ComVal and Davao City. He had been engaged in illegal drug activity for a long time,” Rivera said.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of Sec. 26 in relation to sections 5, 6, 7, 13, and 14 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) is being prepared against the arrested individuals.
- BP2 Family Congress 2023 set
- Councilor requests colleagues to rally behind Lumad schools
- Penalosa predicts Pacquiao will score a KO against Spence
- ROUGH CUTS | These can be issues-in-waiting
- Editorial: Who cares for our old?
- Mindanao Delivers: Logistics leaders look to Davao for next supply chain hub
- Man nabbed for bomb joke
- DCWD offices closed on April 14 and 15, 2022
- 5 things to try this Kadayawan holiday
- TFD | 2 threats prompt stricter measures for Yuletide season