A teacher was arrested inside the school campus around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday after he was accused of rape.The suspect was identified as alias Danny (name withheld by TIMES), 31, a teacher of the Davao City National High School, and a resident of Buhangin District.
Major Melvin Joseph P. Violan, the officer-in-charge of the San Pedro Police Station, served the warrant on the suspect.
Danny was the subject of a complaint filed by a 21-year-old college student.
The complainant claimed that Danny raped her last year when he was still a part-time teacher of her school.
Hon. Judge Emmanuel C. Carpio of Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 16, recommended no bail for the suspect.
The suspect is now under the custody of the San Pedro Police Station for proper disposition.
Jessica Joy D. Adumduman/UM Intern
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop