A Soldier was wounded in an encounter against members of the New People’s Army in Barangay Tambobong, Baguio District yesterday morning.
Lt Col. Oscar Partuza, commander of the 3rd Infantry Battalion, said 3rd Infantry Battalion troopers encountered an undetermined number of the New People’s Army in Tambobong.
The five-minute firefight resulted in the wounded of a soldier.
Troopers also recovered an M16 rifle and one caliber .45 pistol.
Partuza said the encounter transpired while they were on the process of validating information on the alleged presence of the NPA rebels in the barangay.
He said the soldier that was slightly hurt was already being treated.
- FINED, TOO | SEC revokes entity for fraud
- Rough Cuts | Time to throw his weight around
- EGALITARIAN | People’s welfare as an agenda
- Electronic producer CHROMANCE teams up with K-Pop group MOMOLAND for the new version of “Wrap Me In Plastic”
- Vegas Fuels reopens, grants Bayanihan Prices
- Recovery of tourism industry needs push, says executive
- GJAPS Pirates are 2019 Uraya Fortys hoop champs
- Wanderlust | Gulangyu: An island of history
- DLSU gets 2nd win in 34th Kadayawan hoop
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Too much katol