- Initial USAR sweep on Davao River fails to find man
THE SEARCH continues for the 26-year-old man who jumped from the Governor Generoso Bridge I into the murky Davao River at 7:05 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 15.
Major Marvin Hugos, commander of San Pedro Police Station, identified him as Chiyohide Labanon Ecoben, a resident of Dao Street, Awhag Subdivision, Bacaca, Barangay 19-B.
According to the report, witness Arlee Adolacion was heading south on the bridge when he saw a man jump toward the dark. He immediately called the attention of the nearby mobile patrol for assistance.
Upon verification, police found one black sling bag containing a national ID under the name of Ecoben, an Android cell phone, a pair of headphones, and P341 cash.
Furthermore, the Central 911 Urban Search and Rescue combed the surrounding area to find the man. So, far, the search had been unsuccessful.
Police are also investigating the background of the individual and the circumstances that led to his actions.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration