A RAPE suspect was killed by the Los Amigos police after allegedly resisting arrest in Purok 6A, Barangay Los Amigos, Tugbok District at 12:19 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 20.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, Davao City Police Office (DCPO) spokesperson, identified him as Ronaldo Saludo Tan, 43, a resident of Purok 13, Barangay Manuel Guianga.
Accordingly, around Monday noon, a barangay official requested police assistance after receiving a report from a concerned citizen regarding an unidentified man carrying a gun in the barangay.
The Los Amigos intelligence operatives immediately responded and found the suspect, who was then wearing a red jacket and gray shorts. They tried to arrest him but he reportedly drew his .38 caliber revolver and fired toward the officers.
The bullets pierced through the Mobile Patrol twice, prompting one of the officers to shoot the suspect. The suspect was immediately brought to the Isaac T. Robillo Hospital in Calinan but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
The Davao City Forensic Unit (DCFU) recovered a cartridge case from a .9mm pistol and three cartridges from a .38 revolver. They also found dried leaves of marijuana, a disposable lighter, a voter’s ID Card, and P200 cash.
Further investigation showed the suspect had a pending criminal case in the Davao City Prosecutors Office for three counts of violation of Republic Act 8353 (Rape) and two counts of RA 11648 (Statutory Rape).
- AFP hopes localized talks to solve insurgency, say
- City to deliver food packs to families affected by Taal
- Davao City feted as top-performing LGU for VaxCertPH implementation
- Former rebels see sights in HK courtesy of President Duterte
- Ninja Van PH celebrates 5 years of excellence
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and TESDA partner to refurbish skills workshop laboratory
- Payday ready
- MY ART THOUGHTS | The Value of Art Critique
- Piñol to decide whether to run for senate by next week