A 33 year old man was stabbed by his co-workers during a drinking session around 12:30 a.m. Friday in Barangay Ma-a, Talomo District.
Police identified the victim as Cherrie Rodriguez Peñaflor, a construction worker residing in Purok 9, Lunikad Compound, Ma-a.
The suspects were identified as Archie Tumalatay, 23 and Ramon Udtuhan Bughao, 31, also construction workers living in the same place.
Initial investigation disclosed that the three were having a drinking spree, and a misunderstanding sparked.
Tumalatay hit the victim in the head with an empty bottle. Bughao then stabbed the victim in the legs using a knife.
Responding police officer immediately arrested the suspects.
By Lolit M. Sagandoy/UM Intern
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop