A 20-year-old construction worker was arrested at the Comelec checkpoint at 10:50 p.m. on March 10, along Cabantian road, Buhangin.
April Humayag Pendijito, a resident of Estores Street, Panacan, was reportedly stopped at the checkpoint for wearing slippers while driving a motorcycle.
However, authorities suspected that he was intoxicated and subjected him to a sobriety test. The alcohol breath analyzer turned in a positive result of 1.66%.
Pendijito reportedly violated RA 4136 (traffic law) and RA 10586 (Anti-Drunk and Drugged Driving Act of 2013) and is now under the custody of the Buhangin police.
By Liana Rose Delos Santos/UM Intern
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop