A drunk police officer figured in a road crash in Barangay Ma-a, Talomo District Monday afternoon.
Reports from Talomo Police Station identified the suspect as Axel Irwin Noro Elizan, 47, a Ma-a resident who is said to be a member of the Philippine National Police.The report did not state Elizan’s station.
One of the drivers was positive to be driving under the influence of liquor.
Bypass vehicular accident driver of Toyota Vios resulted positive in alcohol content conducted after the collision.
Initial investigation revealed that Elizan was driving a Toyota Vios along the Bypass Road in Ma-a.
Upon reaching a curved portion near the slaughterhouse at 3:35pm, Elizan allegedly lost control and inched into the opposite lane.
It hit the front left portion and left side middle portion of another vehicle, Toyota Hilux, driven by Arvin Albarico Dablo, 39, of General Santos City.
An alcohol breath analyzer (ABA) test was conducted to Elizan and yielded positive result with 1.82% alcohol content.
The Davao City Police Office is currently implementing its drunk-driving campaign.
Jessica Joy D. Adumduman, Mary Collen C. Balbutin, Ana Lea B. Patricia De Guzman/UM Interns
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop