Authorities seized close to P100,000 worth of shabu from an alleged drug pusher in a buy-bust operation conducted in SouthPole Logistics, Riverside, Ma-a, on Friday, around 9:30 p.m. on March 22.
The joint operation was conducted by the Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RMFB) and Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit (RPDEU), 1105th Maneuver Company, Regional Intelligence Division, Talomo Police Station and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
Supt. Maximo Sebastian, the RMFB commander, identified the suspect as Rodolfo Aniñon Benjamin Jr., a resident of the said area.
Upon the signal of the police poseur buyer, the operatives then rushed to arrest Benjamin Jr.
They seized P1,000 cash from the suspect along with a jumbo-sized sachet containing shabu.
Another small sachet and several drug paraphernalia were recovered from him.
All recovered illegal drug items have an estimated street value of 85,000 pesos.
The suspect is facing a case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Act of 2002.
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day