MORE THAN P800,000 worth of illegal drugs were seized by the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) in a two-week operation starting Oct. 29.
DCPO spokesperson Captain Hazel Tuazon said from Oct. 29 to Nov. 11, operatives seized 50.497 grams of marijuana and 125.221 grams of shabu worth a total of P857,562.
Police also arrested 34 drug suspects from the 38 operations launched.
Tuazon said eight suspects were killed when they tried to shoot the arresting police. Based on their records, two of these were under the jurisdiction of the Sta Ana Police Station, one at the Buhangin Police Station, three at the Bunawan Police Station, one at the Ecoland Police Station, and one at the Maa Police Station.
She claimed that while they wished to arrest the suspects and bring them to justice, the police also needed to protect themselves when facing danger.
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms