A 44-YEAR-OLD alleged drug courier was arrested after more than P50,000 worth of shabu was seized from him while passing through the Lasang checkpoint in Barangay Alejandra Navarro on Oct. 25.
Authorities identified the suspect as Louie V. Marcos, a resident of Barangay Alcomanan, Tupi, South Cotabato.
According to the report, the suspect was supposed to enter Davao City on his Hyundai H100 bearing the plate number DAI 7211 when detained by Task Force Davao and Davao City Police Office for further inspection.
A sachet of suspected shabu weighing around 3.47 grams with an estimated street value of P55,520 was confiscated from the suspect, who was immediately turned over to the Bunawan Police Station for proper disposition.
Col. Darren E. Comia, the Task Force Davao commander, commended the troops manning the checkpoints for doing their best to filter illegal elements entering Davao City.
- Bong Go: 2 escapee soldiers deserve awards
- Brainstorm: The Next Generation | Police power
- P2-M worth of rare timber intercepted at Davao airport
- Rough Cuts | Inadvertently forgotten?
- Davao Skate Park to open March 15
- Level your drive with the new Toyota Vios
- Tessera Sparkling Diamonds for Christmas
- Reflections |Significance of Being Datu Bago Awardee
- Screen Shots | And the best films of 2019… are not in the Oscars
- Wanderlust | Rising above the challenges