A COMMUNIST fighter was killed in an encounter against the troops of the 67th Infantry Battalion in Sitio Latay, Barangay Marfil, Rosario, Agusan Del Sur, on Saturday evening, Nov. 18.
The military only identified him as Jerby/Janjalani.
Major Mark Anthony Tito, the 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office (DPAO) chief, said on Tuesday that Jerby was a member of Regional Sentro De Grabidad, North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee (RSDG, NEMRC).
“Naa nay report from the populace of their presence, which prompted 67IB to conduct military operations ( There was a report coming from the populace of their presence which prompted 67IB to conduct military operations), Tito said.
The officer also explained that Jerby belonged to the other rebel group operating in Caraga Region, trying to reinfiltrate the cleared barangays.
“Dili pud na sila dria sa Davao Region naglihok (They are not operating in Davao Region),” he added.
Moreover, troops seized one R4 Carbine, a mobile phone, and a backpack with personal belongings.
The 67IB, in coordination with the local government unit of Rosario, already informed the family to take care of the remains.
Meanwhile, Brigadier General Allan D. Hambala, commander of the 10th Infantry (Agila) Division, extended his sincerest condolences to the bereaved family and called on the remaining communist terrorists in Agusan Del Sur to peacefully surrender.
“It is truly tragic to witness our fellow Filipino people deceived by the CTG, lured into participating in a senseless revolution. It is disheartening, especially considering that many of their surrendered comrades now recognize that true development and social justice can only be attained through peace,” Hambala added.
- AFP hopes localized talks to solve insurgency, say
- City to deliver food packs to families affected by Taal
- Davao City feted as top-performing LGU for VaxCertPH implementation
- Former rebels see sights in HK courtesy of President Duterte
- Ninja Van PH celebrates 5 years of excellence
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and TESDA partner to refurbish skills workshop laboratory
- Payday ready
- MY ART THOUGHTS | The Value of Art Critique
- Piñol to decide whether to run for senate by next week