Two passengers were arrested after shabu was allegedly found in their possession while they were passing through the Task Force Davao checkpoint in Sitio Licanan, Barangay Lasang, Bunawan District over the weekend.
Task Force Davao commander Col. Nolasco Mempin said a squad of TG Lawin led by Sgt. Larry F. Tullaga was conducting checkpoint operations at the bus inspection area when they apprehended Vincent Villaruel Otacan, 39, married and a resident of Purok 2-A, La Filipina, Tagum City, Davao Del Norte.
Intercepted from his possession was a small sachet containing suspected shabu with more or less 0.07 gram worth P1,000, along with an improvised tooter.
Accordingly, Otacan was on board a Bachelor bus with plate number ABH 1319 traveling from Tagum to Davao City.
He was reportedly acting suspiciously, according to CAA II John Mark Ogabang, around 1:20 p.m.
While Ogabang was searching the sling bag, he noticed that Otacan allegedly dropped something on the ground.
On March 17 around 3:20 p.m., TG Lawin led by Cpl. Salman K. Guiampaca arrested Emanuel Eran Quijano, 22, single and a resident of Purok 1, Poblacion Garcia Street, Compostela Valley.
Intercepted from his possession was 35 grams of dried marijuana leaves with an estimated street value of P4,200.
He was on board a passenger van bearing plate number AAG 7286 from Tagum City.
Allegedly, Sang-an tried to resist when they tried to search his backpack.
The suspects were already turned over to the Bunawan Police Station as a case for violation of RA 9165 is prepared against them.
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop