A Japanese national and his cohort were arrested by at the checkpoint in Licanan, Barangay Lasang as they tried to smuggle in P1.5-million worth of of dried marijuana leaves into Davao City early morning yesterday.
Antonio Rivera, regional director of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, identified the suspects to TIMES yesterday as Shohei F. Kume, 21, single and a resident of Solariega Subdivision in Talomo, and Eliseo C. Esguera, 20, a resident of Green Meadows in Mintal.
Rivera said both men were considered as high-value targets.
In a report given by the PDEA XI director, the suspects were intercepted by the Davao City Drug Enforcement Office, Bunawan Police Precinct led by Chief Insp. Estrello Ramiso; and Task Force Davao led by Lt. Col. Danny Bustamante.
Rivera said confiscated from their possession were 13 kilos of suspected dried marijuana leaves with a street value of P1,560,000.
The two boys were on board a Toyota Innova when flagged down at the checkpoint.
For now, the suspects are temporarily withheld at the detention cell of PDEA XI at Camp Leonor Domingo along San Pedro Street.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) is being prepared against them.
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms