A seven year old was killed by a passing vehicle in Sitio Upper Kibalang, Barangay Marilog, Marilog District, at 4:25 p.m. on Monday.
The Isuzu pick-up truck driven by Jecyle Ann Pislan Cabantug, 29, businesswoman, a resident of Solariega Subdivision, hit Ayan Lalantacon, a resident of Sitio Upper Kibalang.
Initial investigation revealed that subject vehicle was traversing along the Davao-Bukidnon national highway heading towards Davao City.
Reportedly, the girl crossed the highway and the driver could not evade her.
The seven-year-old was rushed by the driver to the Isaac T. Robillo Hospital in Calinan. But she was declared dead on arrival.
The driver is being temporarily held as she faces a case of reckless impudence resulting in homicide.
Vincent James T. Toring/ UM Intern
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms