A fire hit an industrial supplies factory in Bud-bud, Barangay Bunawan Proper, Bunawan District around 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, welcoming the Fire Prevention Month.
The blaze at the Davao Omega Industry Corporation in Km. 22, Calderon, Bud-bud, was put under control at around 1:00 a.m. on Friday by the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Bunawan Station.
Initial investigation disclosed that the fire allegedly started at the back portion of the factory.
Embers from the chimney coming from the adjacent banana chips company went to their stockpile of bagasse and sparked the fire.
There was no report of anyone injured.
The cost of damage at the factory is yet to be determined by fire investigators.
A fire also hit the same area just a week earlier. On Feb. 22, 28 houses were razed to ground.
The Thursday’s fire is the 104th fire incident to hit the city since the start of the year.
March is Fire Prevention Month.
- Man sued for P3-M shabu
- Leni hit for comment on COVID-19 surge
- Dayanghirang: City to have a new congressional district
- Timesman | How I welcomed 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 3rd place finishes for RPVGCC squads in 73rd PAL Interclub
- Local priest dies of COVID-19 in Tagum
- MY TURN | Manila Bay Savior – Part 2
- Military flights to continue amid region air travel ban
- LGUs urged: Establish Halal councils