The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) said the week-long Davao Region Athletic Association (DAVRAA) 2019 was generally peaceful and orderly.
“Only the death of an athlete due to pneumonia and some complaints on spoiled foods were noted,” DCPO Director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum said.
The DAVRAA Meet 2019 ended yesterday with no reported major crime incident in relation to the event.
Some 8,000 athletes and spectators arrived in the city for the event.
Around 3,000 security personnel were deployed to secure the events which started last Jan. 27.
- Food delivery service donates food to frontliners
- WANDERLUST | DOT Xl bares accomplishments for 2021
- Mobile loans do much to ease unbanked Filipinos’ financial burden
- CTTMO: Some car owners refuse to pay parking fee
- Discover new things with your 1st e-wallet: GCash Jr.
- Urban Ape | 1 + 1 = 11
- Relieved and probed
- EastMinCom chief says COVID-19 won’t curtail operations vs. Reds
- Scene City | Visiting El Don Resort in Governor Generoso
- ROUGH CUTS | Where are ‘In aid of legislation’ laws?