THE DAVAO Horse Club (DHC) partnered with the Department of Agriculture (DA) XI for the 21st Horse Show Competition featuring livestock and agri-fair on Nov. 10-12 at Sitio Shanghai, Matina Aplaya.
The two-day event draws teams nationwide, mostly from Cebu and Bohol.
Jeffrey Briones, Davao Horse Club president, said they collaborated with DA XI to also highlight livestock and agri-fair as the participating teams are mostly farmers.
“There are booths set up by different partners to showcase their products to our participants,” Briones said.
The DA XI will also hold a seminar on Nov. 11 to discuss how to develop native foals, basic horsemanship, and grooming as most of the horses in the region are imported.
“If you could observe the native horses, they are very small. But they are also acclimatizing to our region. Kahit maliit sila, malakas sila,” Briones said.
Briones also said the activity will help improve the native horse’s line of work to keep up with the imported ones.
The Davao Horse Show will be held in the Davao Horse Club Stables, in Sitio Shanghai, Matina Aplaya, Davao City.
- Food delivery service donates food to frontliners
- WANDERLUST | DOT Xl bares accomplishments for 2021
- Mobile loans do much to ease unbanked Filipinos’ financial burden
- CTTMO: Some car owners refuse to pay parking fee
- Discover new things with your 1st e-wallet: GCash Jr.
- Urban Ape | 1 + 1 = 11
- Relieved and probed
- EastMinCom chief says COVID-19 won’t curtail operations vs. Reds
- Scene City | Visiting El Don Resort in Governor Generoso
- ROUGH CUTS | Where are ‘In aid of legislation’ laws?