The City Council passed a resolution requesting the office of President Rodrigo Duterte to declare March 18, 2019 as a special non-working holiday in the city in observance to the 82nd Araw ng Dabaw 2019 celebration.
Chair of Tourism Committee Councilor Al Ryan Alejandre passed the said resolution under suspended rules during the regular session, Tuesday.
The city will be celebrating the annual Araw ng Dabaw on March 16, 2019.
March 18 is set for the thanksgiving day or the Araw ng Pasasalamat.
“It is but fitting and proper that the people of the City be given full opportunity to celebrate and participate in the occasion with appropriate ceremonies,” the resolution stated.
Copies of the said resolution were sent to the Office of the President and to the Malacañang Palace for guidance.
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop