Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piñol announced that buko will be the official energy drink of the Palarong Pambansa, which kicks off this April 27 in Davao City.
In a Facebook post, he said the coconut farmer-leader Laureano Callao, Jr. and his group already talked with the organizing committee of the Palarong Pambansa for the launching of the “Buko Vida Kiosk” at the UP Mindanao venue.
He said this marks “a historic milestone in the efforts of the coconut industry to promote it as a health and energy drink.” Through this idea, he expects a boost in the sale of young coconuts.
The DA and the Philippine Coconut Authority have been promoting coconut water as a health drink and food as part of the program “to provide additional income to coconut farmers all over the country.”
On Monday, Piñol was set to officially submit a letter asking “Buko” Water as the official energy drink of the Palarong Pambansa to Education Secretary Leonor Mirasol Briones.
Meanwhile, coconut farmers are also eyeing to promote buko as official energy drink for the 30th Southeast Asian Games that will be held at the New Clark City in Pampanga, Manila, Subic, and BLT (Batangas, La Union, and Tagaytay) this coming Nov. 30 to Dec. 10.
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms