An alleged member of Rocky criminal group was arrested by the operatives of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Regional Field Unit in Purok Aquino, Barangay Lungaog, Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte around 6 a.m., Wednesday.The suspect was identified as Eddie B. Batoon, 49, a banana grower and a resident of the place.
The CIDG-RFU, under the supervision Supt. Edilberto Leonardo, together with Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office and Sto. Tomas Municipal Police Station served search warrants issued by RTC XI Executive Judge Dax Gonzaga Xenoz of Panabo City dated March 25, 2019.
Confiscated from his possession were one .45 caliber pistol; two units of Norinco .45 caliber pistol; four single stack magazines for a .45 caliber pistol; three high-cap magazines for a .45 caliber pistol; and 62- live ammunition for a .45 caliber pistol.
The group is reportedly engaged in gun-for-hire, extortion, and other illegal activities.
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Homesick and sick of home
- Random Thoughts | Plan “B” for Federalism
- BOOSTER DOSES | Frontliners a priority as city launches third vaccine shots to boost immunity
- LTFRB eyes new jeepney routes to city’s hinterlands
- Honoring my Mother | Street Feet
- 154 illegal trikes registered
- Hagonoy poor family adopted by PNP
- Kadayawan ‘20 execom formed
- Rough Cuts: Can we suffer indignities?
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this silence the ‘calm before the storm’?