The number of warehouses at the 63-hectare economic zone of the Anflo Industrial Estates (AIE) in Panabo City, Davao del Norte has increased from seven to 15.Last week, the Floirendo company inaugurated eight new warehouses as 11 of these have been occupied with more companies have expressed interest in locating in the economic zone, company official said.
Ricardo F. Lagdameo, Damosa Land Inc. vice president, said that most of the companies are into
manufacturing of plastic packaging for agricultural products and food processing.
“This (economic zone) has become very successful. Every time we build facilities, they get occupied very fast so want to build out more of them,” said Lagdameo, adding that part of the economic zone is the premier container terminal in Mindanao, the Davao International Container Terminal (DICT).
“It is a very big advantage because not all industrial parks are actually located right beside the container port. Logistics cost is very low,” he said, adding that the park can generate about 5,000 jobs with local residents as the ones who are priority to get employed.
Among the major plans for the industrial park is the establishment of cold storage facility as the feasibility study is expected to be completed this year.
- BP2 Family Congress 2023 set
- Councilor requests colleagues to rally behind Lumad schools
- Penalosa predicts Pacquiao will score a KO against Spence
- ROUGH CUTS | These can be issues-in-waiting
- Editorial: Who cares for our old?
- Mindanao Delivers: Logistics leaders look to Davao for next supply chain hub
- Man nabbed for bomb joke
- DCWD offices closed on April 14 and 15, 2022
- 5 things to try this Kadayawan holiday
- TFD | 2 threats prompt stricter measures for Yuletide season