Three individuals were arrested during an illegal-gambling operation in Purok 12, Barangay Communal, Buhangin on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Personnel from the Buhangin precinct conducted the operation around 3:30 p.m., resulting in the arrest of Marcelita Diampa Bakiao, 36, and Emiliano Aguiwat Pansaon, 27, both residents of the above address; and Epifanio Coronia Naboa, 49, a resident of Sta. Rosa Angliongto compound in Sasa.
They were reportedly playing the card game “tong-its” when caught in the act. Police seized P350 in bet money that will be used as evidence against them.
They are facing a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1602 and are now under the custody of the said Buhangin precinct.
by Jurlyn Gocotano/UM Intern
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals