A traffic enforcer was killed in a road incident along Quezon Boulevard near Central Convenience Store at 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 24.
According to the report, Welcar Emilio Cuma, 50, a resident of Zone 4, Barangay 76-A, tried to slip between two vehicles not realizing there was a rope in the way. Apparently, the lead vehicle was towing another.
The victim was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but doctors could not revive him. The driver of the towing multi-cab is now under the custody of the Davao City Police Office.
Meanwhile, John Narciso Venturillo, 31, welder, and a resident of Purok 22, Malagamot, Panacan, was driving his Rusi motorcycle near his house. He swerved to the opposite lane and slammed into the Kia dropside truck driven by Norberto Berdos, 44, from Ocean View, Barangay Ilang.
He was brought to the SPMC but was declared dead on arrival.
Berdos was brought to the police station for processing.
by Frances Marianne Grace F. Miranda/UM Intern
- Man sued for P3-M shabu
- Leni hit for comment on COVID-19 surge
- Dayanghirang: City to have a new congressional district
- Timesman | How I welcomed 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 3rd place finishes for RPVGCC squads in 73rd PAL Interclub
- Local priest dies of COVID-19 in Tagum
- MY TURN | Manila Bay Savior – Part 2
- Military flights to continue amid region air travel ban
- LGUs urged: Establish Halal councils