Eighteen wanted individuals were arrested in Oplan: Kalinaw, a joint anti-crime operation, conducted in different areas of the city on Thursday.
Davao City Police Office (DCPO) director Col. Alexander Tagum said the operations resulted in the background check and profiling of 953 residents, including 28 persons who have no valid identification card.
Tagum said those arrested persons have pending warrants of arrest.
He identified them as Abe Lacuna Duran (reckless imprudence resulting in slight physical injuries and damage to property), Edgardo Blanco Frias (illegal drugs), Juanito Ribamba Lubenido (theft), Clyvon Motlog (violence against women and their children), Judylyn Abunda (falsification of private individual of public document), Vicente Matas Zamora (illegal gambling), Rowena Ruth Go Palisoc (water pilferage), Romulo Manaid Jose (attempted murder), Loreline Esma (physical injuries), Edrago Baniog and Ronnie Pana (qualified theft), Rene Clarion (murder), Angel Dacanay (grave slander), Antonio Balili Villarias (Robbery); Charlie Cayof (violation of Tabaco Act), Danilo Dingal (attempted theft), Norlita Mahomoc (illegal gambling), Edwin Villarin (qualified rape and acts of lasciviousness).
The operation was led by the DCPO with the assistance of Task Force Davao, Philippine Coast Guard, Regional Mobile Unit, National Intelligence Coordinating Agency, Bureau of Fire and Protection, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, Regional Intelligence Unit; 44th Special Action Company, and City Health Office.
- Man sued for P3-M shabu
- Leni hit for comment on COVID-19 surge
- Dayanghirang: City to have a new congressional district
- Timesman | How I welcomed 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 3rd place finishes for RPVGCC squads in 73rd PAL Interclub
- Local priest dies of COVID-19 in Tagum
- MY TURN | Manila Bay Savior – Part 2
- Military flights to continue amid region air travel ban
- LGUs urged: Establish Halal councils