A 19-YEAR-OLD college student sustained an injury after a vehicle hit her while at the pedestrian crosswalk at Km. 20, Barangay Los Amigos, Tugbok District, around 9 a.m. on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the driver is already under police custody.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, Davao City Police Office (DCPO) spokesperson, only identified the victim as alias Jane, a student of Holy Cross College of Calinan and a resident of Purok 3A, Los Amigos.
The driver, alias Renante, a fish vendor and a resident of Purok 20, New Loon, Mintal, was along the fast lane toward Mintal on a Suzuki Dropside multicab when he bumped the student who was crossing the pedestrian lane.
The victim sustained head injuries and was immediately brought to Southern Philippines Medical Center for immediate treatment by the responding Central 911 paramedics.
The driver faces a case of reckless imprudence resulting in serious physical injury.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration