There was no need for fireworks and firecrackers to drive away unfriendly spirits as this tradition has been observed for centuries by the Chinese. At the Royal Mandaya Hotel, the start of the Lunar year’s celebration was ushered in by loud drumbeating, with the Dragon and Lion Dancers entertaining the guests.
The Lion and Dragon Dancers wound their way around every function and hotel room of the hotel to drive away the bad spirits and bring good luck throughout 2019.
Present at the celebration were Mrs. Violeta Escandor, Glen and Michell Escandor and family, Gerald Garces and the Enclaves Team, Lady Bam Petillo, and guests who savored the buffet dinner at the VIP Room and Kamayo Restaurant. Don Gonzales was emcee for the evening’s program.
Fortune cookies were distributed which included prizes for the surprised guests who did not expect the good luck at the buffet dinner at The Royal Mandaya Hotel.
The Sinagila Dance Troupe performed traditional Chinese dances to entertain the guests.
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop