Davao City – Special crafted medals and certificates will be at stake in the coming first Guillermo E. Torres Track and Field Invitational set on Saturday, February 23 at the University of Mindanao Matina track oval.
“We will be having mostly running events for this competition. Medals will be given to the winners,” said event coordinator Fritz Tan who came in with co-coordinators Roy Geonzon and Jinggo Camomot in yesterday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao.
Presented by the GET Holdings Incorporated and the University of Mindanao, the event is also backed by the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) along with the Philippine Amateur Track and Field Association (PATAFA)-XI and the Department of Education (DepEd)-XI.
Seeing action in the elementary division are tracksters from Bolton Central Elementary School, Villa Abrille Central Elementary School, Crossing Bayabas Central Elementary School, Imelda Central Elementary School, Maa Central Elementary School, Magallanes Central Elementary School, Quezon Central Elementary School, Teofilo Fernandez Elementary School, Kapitan Tomas Monteverde Central Elementary School and Villafuerte Central Elementary School.
For the high school category are Buhangin National High, Cabantian National High, Calinan National High, Crossing Bayabas National High, Daniel R. Aguinaldo National High, Davao City National High, Dona Carmen Denia National High, Pablo Lorenzo National High, Mabini National High, Villa Abrille National High and Cesario National High.
The opening ceremonies kicks off at 8 a.m. with GET Holdings Incorporated President Guillermo P. Torres Jr., University of Mindanao Vice President Edgardo Castillo, Philippine Sports Institute Mindanao coordinator Ed Fernandez and Davao City Public School Sports Division head Bernardo Alicaya as special guests.
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals