Davao City – The city’s first LGBT Araw ng Dabaw Volleyball tournament reels off in grand rites this March 3 at the Davao City National High School covered court.
“It will be the first for our LGBT friends who will compete for their respective teams in friendly competition,” said tournament director Abet Bernan of the Balebolista de Dabaw in yesterday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao.
Some 10 teams will compete for trophies and medals in the tournament which is dubbed as the first “Rainbow Volleyball League”. Teams will be grouped into two divisions wherein the top two squads per division will play in the crossover semifinal round. Winners in the semifinals will proceed to the finals.
“We have entries from Toril, Ulas and Buhangin,” said Bernan who added that the tournament is part of the 2019 Araw ng Dabaw Sports festivities.
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day