THE LIONS International District 301-E launched its fun run on Nov. 19 to further reduce the prevalence of diabetes and improve the lives of persons who suffer from the disease.
LID- 301 E District chairperson Chona Rosario Ongking urged Davaoeños during the Kapehan sa Dabaw on Nov. 6 to support the cause.
“Once nga naa kay diabetes, complications will follow nga mao dapat bantayan sa mga tao, we have to promote awareness of this deadly disease, if we can prevent it, mas maayo, if naa na atleast ma-address,” Ongkingko said.
The fun run is one of the Lions’ initiatives highlighting the importance of physical activity to prevent diabetes.
The registration fee will be P650 for the 3k and 5k run while P750 for the 10k run. Participants are told to submit their shirt size on or before Nov. 13.
The run will start at 5 a.m. from the Paramount Coffee near Crocodile Park. Participants will be going to the access route going to Ma-a and then back to the origin.
“The council conducts projects related to diabetes, wala kami particular group na beneficiary ani kundi it will be funding projects related to diabetes awareness, such as screenings, eyesight refraction,” Ongkingko said.
She added the fun run is not a fundraiser but solely for promoting awareness of the disease as the Lions supports World Diabetes Day celebrated every November.
- Man sued for P3-M shabu
- Leni hit for comment on COVID-19 surge
- Dayanghirang: City to have a new congressional district
- Timesman | How I welcomed 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 3rd place finishes for RPVGCC squads in 73rd PAL Interclub
- Local priest dies of COVID-19 in Tagum
- MY TURN | Manila Bay Savior – Part 2
- Military flights to continue amid region air travel ban
- LGUs urged: Establish Halal councils