FORMER city councilor Ralph Abella, an aspirant chairman of Barangay Hizon in Buhangin District received funeral flowers along with a threatening letter with blood marks and a bullet on election day.
The flowers and bullet were sent to Abella’s house in Nova Tierra Subdivision around 7 a.m. on Oct. 30. The house help received the package and endorsed it to her employers.
According to the report, 2nd district Councilor Marissa Abella opened a small package wrapped in a red plastic bag delivered by an unidentified person.
Upon opening, she found three white flowers with bloodspots, a 9mm bullet, and a white bond paper with a threatening letter.
In a letter addressed to Councilor Abella, it warned her husband to stop filing cases (referring to an individual) to avoid harm from coming to them, especially their children.
Sasa Police Station personnel are investigating the case to identify the perpetrator/s and determine if it’s election-related.
In an interview with reporters on Monday, Brig Gen Alden Delvo, director of Police Regional Office XI, said they sent detailed security since last week upon the request of the family.
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms