Tagum City – Davao City’s youthful tankers took centerstage Wednesday afternoon by winning six golds to go along with three silvers and six bronze medals in the 2019 Batang Pinoy Games Mindanao Qualifying round played here at the Tagum City Sports and Tourism Complex.
Lisa Margarette Amoguis came on top of the winners podium with two gold medals leaving past her rivals in the Girls 12 and Under 200 meter individual medley and the Girls 12 and under 100 meter butterfly events. Her sister Lora Micah also had a golden finish in the Girls 13-15 LC meter individual medley and a silver in the Girls 13-15 50 meter backstroke category.
Other golden finishes for Davao City include Pietro Dominic Requiza (boys 12 and under 50 meter backstroke), Alissa Ysabelle Lazarraga (girls 13-15 LC meter butterfly) and Juliana Marie Villanueva (girls 15 and under 800 meter freestyle).
Silvers came from Requiza (boys 12 and under 100 meter freestyle) and Ivo Nikolai Enot (boys 13-15 50 meter backstroke).
Its bronze medals saw Villanueva (girls 13-15 200 meter individual medley), Matthieu Adrien Tao (boys 13-15 100 meter freestyle), Wilart Marvee Dayaday (boys 13-15 50 meter backstroke), Maica Angela Garcia (girls 13-15 50 meter breaststroke) and Enot (boys 13-15 100 meter butterfly).
They bested their respective counterparts from North Cotabato, Dipolog, Cagayan de Oro City, Davao del Norte, Iligan, General Santos City, Bukidnon, Butuan, Koronadal and South Cotabato.
- Man sued for P3-M shabu
- Leni hit for comment on COVID-19 surge
- Dayanghirang: City to have a new congressional district
- Timesman | How I welcomed 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 3rd place finishes for RPVGCC squads in 73rd PAL Interclub
- Local priest dies of COVID-19 in Tagum
- MY TURN | Manila Bay Savior – Part 2
- Military flights to continue amid region air travel ban
- LGUs urged: Establish Halal councils