A Brother-and-Sister team of drug pushers and a companion were arrested by Talomo police agents in a buy-bust operation in Purok Sto. Niño, Dumanlas, Barangay Buhangin Proper, Buhangin District at 1:40 a.m. yesterday.
Authorities seized P300,000-worth of shabu.
Chief Insp. Ronald Lao, the Talomo Police Precinct commander, identified the suspects as Joselito Mulla Mendoza, alias Jojo, 20, single, construction worker; Allyn Queen Mendoza Quinitio, 30, single, nail polisher; and Reamea Monsahe, 23, single, jobless , all residents of Sto. Niño.
Lao said they conducted the buy-bust after they received reports that Mendoza and his sister Quinitio were peddling illegal drugs to drug users in the first and second districts in the city.
During the buy-bust, the suspects conspired to sell a sachet, suspected to contain shabu, to a police poseur buyer for P1,000.
Another nine sachets of shabu, drug paraphernalia placed inside a pencil case and P500 were also confiscated from Mendoza.
A cellular phone, allegedly used in contacting their buyers, was also seized from Monsahe.
Probers said the drugs estimated to worth P334,500.
Lao said the arrest of the suspects “will reduce the proliferation of illegal drugs” in the city.
The suspects are now detained at Talomo Police Precinct pending the filing of appropriate case for the violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop