Inmates in Davao Oriental completed trainings for various technical-vocational skills qualifications provided by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).A total of 108 inmates from the Provincial Rehabilitation and Reformatory Center in Sitio Tambobongan, Barangay Sainz, Mati City, Davao Oriental received their National Certificates (NC) for completing the technical-vocational training courses.
The courses include Hilot Wellness Massage (NC II), Plumbing (NC II), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (NC I), Carpentry (NC II), Install Pre-Cast Balluster and Handrail Leading to Masonry (NC II), and Massage Therapy (NC II), all under the community-based training program of the agency.
“The National Certificates they received are proof of their acquired knowledge, skills and competencies that will later transform their lives outside the reformatory center,” TESDA Davao Oriental Provincial Director Leah Braga said.
The inmates underwent the training for the aforementioned qualifications from July to December last year with a national assessment after.
TESDA aimed to give hope to the inmates making them employable after serving the reformatory center.
TESDA also reported 10 certified graduates are now outside the reformatory center enjoying their liberty and making positive spot in the society.
In his message, OIC Warden Apollo Conde emphasized that their “full support in strengthening partnership with TESDA for more continuing programs. He added that there will also be a training for the spouses and families of the Persons Deprived of Liberty (PDLs) to make them employable and productive.”
For this year, TESDA Davao Oriental is looking forward for more productive endeavor with the Reformatory Center and other special clients that are parallel to the Presidential Directives on Agriculture/Fishery and Build, Build, Build, Programs.
The inmates received their National Certificates last March 27.
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day