A BARANGAY tanod was arrested by elements of the Calinan Police Precinct in a buy-bust operation at Purok 7, Barangay Subasta, Calinan District at 5:29 p.m. on July 31.
Police identified him as Wilson Villas, 50, currently assigned to the Los Amigos Barangay Hall and a resident of Purok 8, of the said barangay.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office, said the suspect was tagged as a top 7 city-level target.
He was considered a high-value target due to the nature of his job.
According to the report, the suspect was apprehended after selling a sachet containing shabu with an estimated weight of one gram to a police operative in exchange for P500.
During the operation, the operatives recovered another one-gram sachet of meth, a Samsung smartphone used in the transactions, and a sling bag from his possession. They also recovered the buy-bust money, which will be used as evidence in filing a charge against the suspect.
The suspect faces a case for violating sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Bong Go: 2 escapee soldiers deserve awards
- Brainstorm: The Next Generation | Police power
- P2-M worth of rare timber intercepted at Davao airport
- Rough Cuts | Inadvertently forgotten?
- Davao Skate Park to open March 15
- Level your drive with the new Toyota Vios
- Tessera Sparkling Diamonds for Christmas
- Reflections |Significance of Being Datu Bago Awardee
- Screen Shots | And the best films of 2019… are not in the Oscars
- Wanderlust | Rising above the challenges