More than 1,000 families affected by the recent flood and fire incidents in Davao received relief packs from SM Lanang and SM City Davao through SM Foundation’s Operation Tulong Express (OPTE).
Following the heavy downpour that inundated several areas in Davao City earlier in November, the two malls activated its OPTE to deliver immediate aid to severely-affected families in Bago Gallera such as Puroks 6A, 6B, 6C, and 7 on November 16.
The two malls mobilized 53 mall workers who voluntarily participated in the distribution of relief packs along with personnel from Eastern Mindanao Command and Task Force Davao who provided logistical support.
Meanwhile, 235 families seeking temporary shelters in two evacuation sites in Agdao after a massive fire razed their homes in Barangay Kapitan Tomas Monteverde, Sr also received relief packs from SM on November 17.
Through OPTE, SM aims to be one of the first responders that provide immediate relief to individuals and families affected by calamities through its corporate social good arm.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher