The regional police director will join the night patrol to see for himself the peace and order situation in Davao City.
On Tuesday night, Chief Supt. Marcelo M. Morales drove around the city on a motorcycle along with the Police Riders Response Team. He timed the patrol during the Bangsamoro Organic Law plebiscite .
Morales emphasized the importance of police visibility, particularly beat patrols, in deterring petty and major crimes.
“We do this regularly with the other PNP Riders. We do this to make Davaoeños feel safer with our presence on the streets,” he said.
The team convened at the Davao City Police Office at around 8 p.m. and started the “night ride” going to the areas of of Barangay 39-D, Barangay Mintal and Barangay Buhangin Proper. They also held a dialogue with the barangay leaders to initiate strategies to reduce crimes.
Morales urged all unit commanders to conduct similar activities in their respective areas of responsibility in the region to supplement the conventional patrol methods.
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms