A SPECIAL Investigation Task Group (SITG) was formed after the murder of barangay chairman aspirant of Camantangan, Montevista in Davao de Oro, on Tuesday, Oct. 24.
Personnel of the Davao de Oro Police Provincial Office, under the guidance of PBGen. Alden B. Delvo, held a meeting on Oct. 25, to discuss the case.
In an interview on Thursday, Delvo, director of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, said they are looking at either political or personal motives in the killing of Alvin Bengil Garcia.
“We can’t tell nga naay politically motivated ang krimen although we are not discounting the idea. Based on my interview with the aunt of the victim, who is his opponent for barangay chairmanship, the story of the family and the mayor, murag layo Raman ang political motive,” Delvo said.
“Based on the investigation, siguro mastorya nako ninyo nga nagkaroon ni ug uyab ng victim, who is a married woman with a three-month-old child,” he added.
Delvo said they already have a person of interest in the case and interviewed the alleged lover of the victim whose husband is working abroad.
According to the report, Garcia was in Purok 4, along with fellow aspirant barangay councilor Jocelyn Montaño Agron, around 4 p.m. on Oct. 24. They were on their way home when waylaid by two gun-toting motorcycle riders.
The victim was taken to the Davao De Oro Provincial Hospital but was declared dead on arrival due to a gunshot wound to the head. Agron suffered minor injuries and was released from the hospital.
- Man sued for P3-M shabu
- Leni hit for comment on COVID-19 surge
- Dayanghirang: City to have a new congressional district
- Timesman | How I welcomed 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 3rd place finishes for RPVGCC squads in 73rd PAL Interclub
- Local priest dies of COVID-19 in Tagum
- MY TURN | Manila Bay Savior – Part 2
- Military flights to continue amid region air travel ban
- LGUs urged: Establish Halal councils