Three suspects were collared in an illegal gambling operation conducted by agents of Toril Police Precinct in Barangay Marapangi, Toril District around 10 p.m. Saturday.
The suspects were identified as Bryan Urdaneta Lopez, 40; Arlen Mulles Lopez, 42; and Roseta Urdaneta Lopez, 65, all residents of Sto. Niño, Barangay Marapangi.
They were caught playing “tong-its,” a card game, with bets.
Police recovered a set of playing cards and the bet money amounting to P300.
The suspects will be facing cases for violating Presidential Decree 1602 or Anti-Gambling Law.
By Janine Alyssa Kaye A. Hasan/ UM Intern
- Man sued for P3-M shabu
- Leni hit for comment on COVID-19 surge
- Dayanghirang: City to have a new congressional district
- Timesman | How I welcomed 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 3rd place finishes for RPVGCC squads in 73rd PAL Interclub
- Local priest dies of COVID-19 in Tagum
- MY TURN | Manila Bay Savior – Part 2
- Military flights to continue amid region air travel ban
- LGUs urged: Establish Halal councils