AN 84-YEAR-OLD man was killed after he was hit by a car driven by a Pakistani national along MacArthur Highway corner Salutillo, Central 1, Barangay Binugao, Toril District at 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 2.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office, identified the victim as Tomas Marson Alcano, a resident of Lower Binugao, Toril.
The Minivan’s driver was identified as Haider Rehmann, 30, single, and a resident of Sinawilan, Digos City.
Initial investigation showed the victim was crossing when he was hit as he was approaching the middle of the road. The Pakistani was heading toward Digos City at the time of the incident.
The octogenarian suffered broken legs but succumbed to his head injuries. Central 911 paramedics pronounced him dead at 6:10 p.m.
For now, the driver is in the custody of the Toril Police Station, facing a case of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide. Meanwhile, the remains were taken to Villa Gan Funeral Parlor.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration