THE DAVAO Regional Cacao Industry Council (DRCIC) gears up for the 2023 National Cacao Congress featuring local and international cacao experts on Nov. 16-17, 2023, at SMX Convention Center in SM Lanang.
About 1,000 to 1,500 delegates and guests are expected for the said event consisting of various cacao farmers all over the Philippine region.
In partnership with the Department of Agriculture (DA), the two-day event highlights discussions on market positioning and branding of the Philippine Cacao, the science of cacao production, processing, coconut and cacao cropping systems, and chocolate making.
Dante Muyco Jr., DRCIC chairperson, said the event will be a great opportunity not only for the cacao industry but also for other crops as they espouse inter-cropping methods.
“If you are in the congress, you will all know these technicalities, as we have invited so many experts so that we can help all the farmers,” Muyco said.
John Paul Matuginas, DA XI Regional Industrial Crops focal person, said they will also invite exhibitors from cooperators and associations across the Davao Region to participate in the event.
“The high-value crops beneficiaries, coconut farmers and industry development plans beneficiaries, and the Agri-Business and Marketing Assistance Division are also in support of this event,” Matuginas said.
Some of the noted experts to headline the event include the International Cacao Organization to discuss situations of cacao globally, PUM Netherlands senior experts for Cacao’s market positioning, and Godel Chocolate, among others.
- FINED, TOO | SEC revokes entity for fraud
- Rough Cuts | Time to throw his weight around
- EGALITARIAN | People’s welfare as an agenda
- Electronic producer CHROMANCE teams up with K-Pop group MOMOLAND for the new version of “Wrap Me In Plastic”
- Vegas Fuels reopens, grants Bayanihan Prices
- Recovery of tourism industry needs push, says executive
- GJAPS Pirates are 2019 Uraya Fortys hoop champs
- Wanderlust | Gulangyu: An island of history
- DLSU gets 2nd win in 34th Kadayawan hoop
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Too much katol