ALMOST P800,000 worth of smuggled cigarettes from two individuals on board a wing van truck while passing at Barangay San Isidro Bunawan District around 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 7.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified them as Jose Mari Plaza Bretaña and Parsol Darie Agassi.
Joint personnel of Bunawan police and Task Force Davao conducted random checkpoints at Barangay San Isidro Bunawan District Davao City in coordination with the BIR Regional Office.
They flagged down a wing van bearing plate no. CBR-5795 to issue a citation ticket to the driver for failing to wear his seat belt. However, they found the contraband from the cargo and the driver and his passenger could not present any documents.
Authorities hauled 51 boxes of New Orleans cigarettes amounting to P793,000 and the wing van truck. The two men are now in the Bunawan Police Station, facing a case for violating RA 8424 as amended by RA 11467 (National Internal Revenue Code of 1997).
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop