Former Task Force Davao chief Col. Nolasco Mempin formally assumed yesterday as the new commander of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade based in Purok 9, Barangay Mahayag, Bunawan district.Mempin replaced Brig. Gen. Ernesto Torres Jr. who will now assume as deputy commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command.
Torres was already almost two years in his post since he assumed last May 2017.
In her speech yesterday, Mayor Sara Duterte, commended Torres for his outstanding performance, describing him as “brilliant commander.”
Duterte was the guest of honor and speaker in yesterday’s turnover ceremony.
Meanwhile, the new Task force Davao Commander will be Col. Consolito Yecla, the secretary of the Joint Staff of the Armed forces of the Philippines in Camp Aguinaldo.
Also present yesterday were Lt. Gen. Felimon Santos Jr., the commander of Eastern Mindanao Command; Maj. Gen. Jose Faustino Jr., the commander of 10th Infantry Division; 701st Infantry Brigade commander Col. Manuel Sequitin; and 1001st Infantry Brigade commander Brig. Gen. Gilbert Saret.
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day