A 74-YEAR-OLD male balut vendor was killed after he was run over by a pick-up truck driven by an off-duty policeman along the Davao City Coastal Road, Times Beach, at 6:05 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 2.
The Davao City Police Office Traffic Enforcement Unit (DCPO-TEU) identified the victim as Lucio Buenaflor, a resident of Felomina Street, SIR New Matina, while the driver was Police Chief Master Sergeant Napoleon Dexter Castro, 48, a resident of Country Homes in Buhangin.
City police director Col Alberto Lupaz said Castro is assigned to the Regional Civil Security Unit.
Investigation showed that Buenaflor was riding his bicycle when he was hit at the rear by the Ford Ranger coming from Tulip Drive heading toward the coastal road rotunda. Due to the impact, Buenaflor fell hard on the concrete and died at the scene as confirmed by the Central 911 medical team.
The policeman and his truck were taken into custody by the TEU. He will face a case of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide and damage to property.
“Naka custody na ang police sa TEU. Depending kung naay amicable settlement between the both parties. So, if they will file a case, a case will definitely be filed,” he said.”
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration