THE MUSIKADEMY is set to conduct “Godspell,” the first major and internationally licensed hit Broadway musical show in Holy Cross of Davao College from Nov. 30 to Dec. 1-2.
The upcoming event aligns its mission to conduct ongoing fundraising projects and activities for its partner, the Welfare Action Foundation of Davao, Inc. (Boystown Davao), a home, school of life, and an evangelizing community for poor and abandoned boys.
Fonzi Marquez, Musikademy director, said the event is also a great opportunity for budding Broadway musical enthusiasts and artists in Davao City.
“It is the prime time for Davao to create an opportunity, not only for our talented individuals here but also to keep up with the times kasi ang industry natin is improving, so should our arts,” Marquez said.
The event will also feature exceptional live performances of Davao’s best homegrown talents such as The Himig Singers, Musikademy Scholars, M6Teens, Mindanao Repertory Community, Michael Richard Antonio Lopez, among others.
Godspell, from its vibrant interpretation of the Gospel of St. Matthew, originally created by John-Michael Tebelak and featuring music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz, from the maker of Wicked, Pippin, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pocahontas, The Prince of Egypt and Enchanted, attributed to its messages of love, community, and faith.
The event will take place on the 7th Floor of Sapientiae Auditorium, Holy Cross of Davao College, from 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM.
Tickets and more information are available at Musikademy’s Facebook page, Godspell-Davao.
- Bong Go: 2 escapee soldiers deserve awards
- Brainstorm: The Next Generation | Police power
- P2-M worth of rare timber intercepted at Davao airport
- Rough Cuts | Inadvertently forgotten?
- Davao Skate Park to open March 15
- Level your drive with the new Toyota Vios
- Tessera Sparkling Diamonds for Christmas
- Reflections |Significance of Being Datu Bago Awardee
- Screen Shots | And the best films of 2019… are not in the Oscars
- Wanderlust | Rising above the challenges