Mayor Sara Duterte has highlighted the strengthened Filipino-Chinese relationship as it has been among the factors that have helped the local economy.
During the celebration of the Chinese New Year at SM Lanang Premier Tuesday, the mayor thanked the mayor as she acknowledged “the important role of the Filipino-Chinese Davaoeños today in taking the city to greater heights.”
“We recognize the important contribution of the Chinese here in Davao from the early years,” she said as she added that the two countries have manifested their continued enhancement of their relationship with the signing agreements recently between the city and two other Chinese cities, Nanning and Jinjiang.
She added that some Filipinos are interested in studying the Chinese culture as the Chinese government is providing educational assistance to Filipino youth.
“The Embassy of the People’s Republic of China provides scholarships to study in China which Davaoeños can easily access through the educational benefits system units of the City Government of Davao,” she said, adding that The Confucius Institute of the Ateneo de Manila University, a body that grants scholarships for those interested in studying in China, “provides portal for Filipinos to learn about Chinese customs and lifestyles.”
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals