Secutity measures in the city and nearby areas are strengthened following the two blasts that hit a church in Jolo, Sulu.
Davao City Police Office (DPCO) Director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum said the Jolo blasts made them double their effort in maintaining the peace and order in the city.
Tagum also assures to the people of Davao, especially to the delegates and visitors of the ongoing Davao Regional Athletic Association (DAVRAA) meet that the city security forces are always on watch to protect them against any threat.
“Our assurance is that our police will always be on double alert in the light of the tragic news today,” he added.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the Task Force Davao commander, said he has alerted his men on the ground, especially those manning checkpoints and detachments, to be meticulous in the inspections and searches in order to preempt any untoward incident in the city.
“We are also asking for the vigilance of all people against any suspicious-looking persons and items they notice,” he added.
Police Regional Director Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales said they maintaining a high alert level status in the region, particularly with the ongoing DAVRAA.
In a separate interview, Maj. Gen. Felimon Santos Jr., the commander of Eastern Mindanao Command, said there is still “no imminent threat” in the region.
However, he said “our anti-terrorism units, Task Force Davao, TF General Santos, TF Oro (Cagayan de Oro), TF Tagum and other units are always on the alert.”
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop