Two hundred fifty-two personnel of the Coast Guard District South Eastern Mindanao (CGDSEMO passed the random drug tests last week.
Capt. Roy Echeverria, the coast guard commander, said the unannounced drug test last Wednesday for all personnel in the district headquarters was administered by medical personnel from Manila.
“We did this to ensure our personnel performing duties are not using prohibited substances,” he said, adding that “this is by far the only testing we’ve done for the last four years.”
Capt. Echeverria said some personnel who were out in the field at the time of the testing will tested anew. “We will have another round for them within the year,” he further said.
- Hambala replaces Niembra as 10th ID commander
- City on red alert after Isulan blast
- DILG XI trains eye on IPs at Haran compound
- HONORING MY MOTHER| After two
- TFD taps vendors as ‘assets’ vs. terrorists, criminals
- Region XI gets P60-M worth of weapons, vehicles, gear
- Sara urges public to use mobile vax app
- Cacao farmers face production shortage
- Rough Cuts| What we and the VP have in common
- 600 Davao kids receive early Christmas gift