A high-powered firearm, improvised explosive device, and other war materiel were recovered by soldiers of the 3rd Infantry Battalion on Monday in Sitio Sangiapo, Barangay Sinuda, Kitaotao, Bukidnon on Monday.
1Lt. Marcelo Amora, the civil-military operations officer of the 3rd IB, said two platoons of Bravo company encountered 30 communist rebels under Guerrilla Front 56 under Ka Egor in the said sitio.
The firefight lasted 10 minutes before the NPAs withdraw toward the northeast direction.
During the clearing operation, they recovered one AK-47 rifle, first-aid kit, one Baofeng handheld radio; one Yaesu radio; two cell phones with battery; two plate mags with 300 rounds of 7.62mm bullet, and subversive documents.
Lt. Col. Oscar Partuza, commander of the 3rd IB, said they will never stop until the communities are cleared of the NPA.
“We are enjoining all our peace-loving Davaoeños to support all our efforts in putting a stop to the horrible acts of the NPA against our constituents,” Partuza said.
“With our collective actions and continuous vigilance, we can totally rid Davao City against criminals and terrorists,” he added.
- BP2 Family Congress 2023 set
- Councilor requests colleagues to rally behind Lumad schools
- Penalosa predicts Pacquiao will score a KO against Spence
- ROUGH CUTS | These can be issues-in-waiting
- Editorial: Who cares for our old?
- Mindanao Delivers: Logistics leaders look to Davao for next supply chain hub
- Man nabbed for bomb joke
- DCWD offices closed on April 14 and 15, 2022
- 5 things to try this Kadayawan holiday
- TFD | 2 threats prompt stricter measures for Yuletide season